Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Writing Prompt #11

"I didn't mean to do it."
"Just put the gun down, Zack." I edged away from the motionless mass on the ground. "Zack, it's alright, you can put the gun down now."
He looked at me. His eyes looked wild, with a fear verging on terror. I mirrored my own emotions. I beckoned him toward the street. At least there was light there. He gripped the gun harder when he saw me moving. I froze.
"We can't leave." His voice sounded scared, but he tried to control it. "We can't just leave him. Is he...is he dead?"
Tears filled my eyes, but even with the blindness that followed, I could see that the thug was dead.
"Yes." My voice squeaked. It echoed off the alley and added to the ominous scene. Sirens grew closer and Zack's eyes flashed as he turned every which way to find them. The lack of light made him look haunted, ethereal.
"It's not my fault," he whispered.
I hugged him and he fell into me and sobbed.
"No, it wasn't."
______________________________________________________________________________

That was a random little blur from a scene that palyed out in my mind as soon as I heard today's writing prompt: Write a scene that begins "I didn't mean to." I know it was extremely cryptic, so I'll sum it all up for ya.

Basically, a girl and her brother are out on the town (probably walking back from Thor 2) when this mountain of a man corners them and herds them into a dark alley. He starts taking their money, there's a scuffle, and somehow Zack ends up with the gun in his hands. You get the picture.

Sorry I'm not able to talk much today. I'll try later or tomorrow. The next prompt looks fun, but difficult, so we'll see how I do.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! You're doing them! YES!
    I just finished mine, and I'm really happy I didn't read yours first because otherwise I would have unconsciously copied. XD It's super cool!
    ~Josie

    ReplyDelete