Monday, April 7, 2014

Good Morning. Well, Evening Now.

It's been a while, hasn't it? As always, I have an excuse ready for this week: the weather has been amazing. Let me clarify. It's been beautiful for more than a week, making it absolutely impossible to work inside on school. I always end up staring out the window, thinking about awesome things (aka NOT the Spanish Inquisition or Latin declensions).

But seriously. It cruel, how nice it's been. Blue skies. Puffy white clouds. Sunny. Breezy. Warm. It feels like summer, except that I'm guilty about not doing school. Fortunately, my mom is taking me out of my biology class, so I have one less (official) subject to work on. Unfortunately, the deal was that I take up another subject for the rest of the year. Bleh. Why does everything have to have a down side?

The weather's too perfect to be sad, though. Let's see...something nice to talk about...Well, I've had a super jam packed weekend (surprise surprise). Friday brought back my town's Cruise Night where tons of snazzy retro cars come and park on our main street to be observed by puny mortals like myself.* It was pretty gnarly. I don't really think of myself as a car person, but on nights like these I go absolutely crazy. The cars are just classy, not to mention their stellar paint jobs.

That was pretty fun, but I must admit, the highlight of the weekend was when, after seeing Captain America 2, half the town plus one came back to my place and we broke out the chocolate fountain. Saturday nights in Lent are the best. There were not a few eating contests, which, though I did not participate, were entertaining to the extreme, and a few wild games of fooseball. I am ashamed to say that I've been losing my touch, and can no longer call myself the reigning queen of fooseball, but those games were able to return some of my former glory.

And speaking of former glory, I love biased teachers. On Saturday at midnight I sent in yet another stingily written essay for history and lit., and today received the news that it had received an A+ and an A- respectively. I've really been fudging on these past few papers, but apparently my subpar is above average, or at least average enough, which is gratifying. It's nice to know that I can do something well, even if it isn't my favorite thing in the world.

Well, I'm off to finish the laundry and try to go to bed early. It's pretty sad, actually, because one of my Lenten resolutions used to be to get to bed before 10, and it only lasted for the first half week of Lent. But everyone has a second chance and who knows, I may get the rest of these. Maybe.

Peace.


*I don't know where I come up with these phrases. I think it happens when I'm hyper. I won't keep mentioning it, but I apologize for my somewhat wacky wording.

No comments:

Post a Comment