That moment when you sing off key IN YOUR MIND. Or maybe that's just my moment. All I can say is that last night, while imagining blaring out "Let it go" from Frozen, probably my least favorite song from the whole movie, I suddenly realized that my air guitar wasn't playing the notes I was singing.
I haven't been posting my writing on here for the sad reason that I haven't been writing. Ever since Thanksgiving break school has been consuming my every waking moment and I haven't been able to get a word in edgewise. But there is hope. For the next three weeks I'll have a ridiculous amount of time on my hands, so I'm sure I'll be able to scribble something out.
I honestly did have a subject for this post ten minutes ago. OH YES. Now I remember.
Last night I watched The Desolation of Smaug. It was...exciting. Sure, the effects weren't perfect, and some of the dialog wasn't great (read, "I AM FIRE. I AM DEATH.") but the big picture was impressive. And intense. Well, maybe that was just me. I get way too into movies, and throughout the whole show I was huddled up on the movie seat whispering silently to the characters. "No. No! Don't go in there!" "You're not supposed to die yet!" "AHH! That's Benedict Cumberbatch's voice!" I think my friend and I pretty much lost circulation in our hands because we were squeezing each other pretty much whenever Kili came onto the screen. And sometimes for Thorin. And whenever Smaug spoke. Yeah.
Okay, now for something more legible. Christmas is coming! And what's more, it feels like Christmas is coming. Usually a few days before the big day it kind of hits me and I start belting out Christmas carols around the house, but it's more than a week till and I'm already in the mood! It probably has something to do with the unCalifornian weather we've been experiencing, or maybe it's because we're getting our tree on Sunday, but it's here none the less.
Outta time and outta money, as my tennis coach used to say, so so long, farewell, avida say, and goodbye.
OHMYGOSH you saw the Hobbit was it good was it good WAS IT GOOD????
ReplyDeleteNever mind, no spoilers. I might be going to see it tomorrow, but we just got a RIDICULOUS amount of snow, so we'll see. I can't wait to see it.
AND CHRISTMAS!!! I'm dying. A whole 'nother WEEK of school left, I might not make it.
Hope you enjoy the cold weather! I'd send you guys some of this snow, if I could, but apparently destroying the fruit industry counts as anarchism, and I love strawberries, so you guys will have to just imagine yourselves a white Christmas instead. :D
I'm commenting so late, you've probably already seen it, but whatevs. I really liked it, but I've heard strong (loud) opinions on both extremes. I haven't read the book for a few years, so I really don't have much of a say in how the plot went (although I DO know that they added about 2 hours worth of plot :) ).
ReplyDeleteI hope you've survived school! How's your break going?
Yeah, I saw it a while back...still not sure exactly how I feel about it. I guess I liked it, though there were definitely a few things I would have changed. Not bad, though....
ReplyDeleteBreak is AMAZING. I'm so excited to not be doing school I can't even tell you. Kevin and Andrew got home on Friday, so that's nice. They don't really appear out of their rooms until like noon, but we've been staying up till midnight every night talking and singing and stuff. I can't wait to see Brendan! How is your break going? What are you guys doing for Christmas?