Saturday, July 5, 2014

Promise I Won't Complain

Sorry about that drama queen episode. After that whining post yesterday everything took a turn for the better. Literally immediately. Almost. I clicked "post" and my mom called the family to dinner. 'Nuff said. 

A friend had already texted and said they'd meet us to watch the fireworks. Then, when we left, my first friend invited me and my siblings to her house where all the rest of the gang was already. What's more my mom let us! 
After that it was smooth sailing. Sat around for an hour or so just chatting and eating Cheetos, then went upstairs to watch the show. My town is reknown for its skimpy 4th of July show, but since I've never experienced anything better I am content. Fireworks are magical no matter how many. It's just so amazing to watch colors explode against the black of the mountains. My favorites are the gold ones that shoot into little of balls of shimmery pixie dust. 

As if that wasn't enough, my parents invited everyone back to our house to set off some smaller fireworks and poppers. It was super cool to watch them close up, but the noise kind of ruined the ethereal, romantic feel. 

Then I was up way too early to go prop hunting for the play at our local yard sales. When that failed my mom offered to drive into the next town over and exhaust their thrift stores, and we ending up spending the whole afternoon shopping. 

I'll be on tomorrow with some sort of interesting topic, but I've pretty much used up all my news for now. On a random note, I feel like that song "The Show" by Lenka. Oh! Also wish me luck: I'm competing in a swim meet tomorrow. Let's hope I can beat my old times :)

2 comments: