Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I Miss Him

And I will continue to do so for two or three years. until Season 4 arrives. How can they do this to us???

As you may have guessed, I watched the last Sherlock episode last night, so if you value your unspoiled life skip this post. Monday night held the fateful showing of the last episode, and has closed a brief chapter of my life. What on earth will you do, now that it's all over? you ask. My answer: Wait for Season 4. Duh. But it'll take some patience. I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but at the same time I have no idea how I won't make it. I'm too young to die, and there aren't really any other possibilities...

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

My opinion of the show can be summed up in a letter: M. That letter brought so many surprises, so I think it deserves a small mention. Mary, Molly, Mind Palaces, Mycroft, Magecin, Moriarty...

It's a horrible thing to admit, but I'm glad I haven't read the S.H. stories. I would totally over analyze the plots and then want to murder the world when my theories proved wrong. Plus, I love being surprised. For instance, I never, in my wildest dreams, saw the Mary plot twist. I've seen fandom theories aplenty (like the screen shot of Mary when Sherlock first meets her and one of the thousands of things he notices about her is that she's a liar) but I never gave any of it another moment's thought. Ohhhh! Poor John!

My favorite part was Molly position in Sherlock's Mind Palace. And Mike's, but we'd already seen him in the last episode. And Sherl had a dog! I don't know why that's to amazing, but it is!

And now for a brief interlude composed of entirely original toddler babble:
"Anne!" shrieks her little brother, "Don't be mean to Claire!"
"Don't worry, Thomas," says the victim in a soothing tone, "I might punch her."

Which brings me to the subject of villains. Magnecin. Can I be the first to say "yuck"? He was so gross. Josie, who was sitting next to me, whispered that he was an odious man, but I think that's putting it in a dazzlingly kind light. Vile seems to fit him more. Atrocious. Repulsive.

I must say, when Moriarty blasted his brains to oblivion I was (after the shock had worn off) disappointed. Sure, I hated him at the time, but I really wasn't ready for him to go. This guy, though? I wanted him dead about as much as everyone wants Umbridge to be kissed by a dementor. I was surprised when Sherlock committed murder to do it, though...

I just keep thinking of Moriarty's taunt.

Did you miss me? Did you miss me?

YES WE MISS YOU. HURRY UP AND COME BACK SO SHERLOCK CAN HAVE A PROPER SUPER-ARCH-ENEMY VILLAIN AGAIN.

Two years is 17,520 days too long to wait. I want it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment