Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The All Important Debate

I'm here with our USA olympic debate team as they warm up for their imminent competition. Located in Abby's own living room, this looks like it'll be a hot one. Let's see how she's doing.

Are you nervous, Abby?

Definitely. 

Excited?

Yes. I'm confident in my team, so I think we have a fair chance.

I know that the topic is on King Richard III's alleged murder of his two nephews. Which side will you and your team be taking?

My team and I are on the Pro Richard side. We've been researching for the past few weeks and have come up with some pretty great evidence for his innocence.

Thank you very much, Abby. Good luck in your competition! Stay tuned to see the thrilling debate happening TODAY 8:15 PT on Fangirls and Fiction TV. I'm Jean Elliot, thank you for watching.

*An hour later*

That was a pretty tense discussion! I, for one, am totally convinced that Richard was guiltless. What did you think of your overall performance?

I hate to admit it, but I was disappointed by my team's involvement. It was a fast paced debate, but that's exactly what my team and I train for: thinking on our feet. I would have liked it if more of my teammates had contributed. Three out of ten really isn't a good number to be adding to the discussion. Still, I think we held our ground quite nicely. I'm anxious to hear the results next week.

Thank you so much, Abby. It was great meeting you. Make sure to listen for the results NEXT WEEK on Fangirls and Fiction TV! I'm Jean Elliot, thank you for watching.

3 comments: