Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I must say, Valentine's day is one of our most fickle holidays. It's all about face. I mean, sure, it's great to love everyone and to show that love, but you should be doing that EVERY day, not just once a year. Give me chocolate everyday!

Now that I got that over with I'm going to talk about something totally unrelated. I just finished the Book Thief, and it may just be my favorite book in the entire world. I don't know how to describe it. I want to talk about it, but I could never say enough. Markus Zusak's writing is amazing. He paints pictures for in your mind and makes you think like the characters. His imagery is exquisate. A truly beautiful style.

This really isn't what I want to tell you about. I almost didn't start this for fear I'd go off on a tangent like this and become too technical. But I'm also afraid of butchering the story, so, before I move along I'll give you a little blurb that I think fits very nicely with the book:
It went horribly right.
I may never recover from the emotional trauma in this book, but it really has been an amazing lesson in the beauty and tragedy of life.

*insert paragraph transitioning from one random topic to another*

Tonight I'm heading to the theater to see Monuments Men. I'm a little skeptical. Serious movies are not my forte, not to mention war movies. Especially WWII movies after finishing a book set in that era. We shall see...

Joe's playing the theme song for Up right now, and it matches my mood perfectly. Don't you just love it when that happens? When, out of the blue, something turns on and you can totally sympathize with it and really feel it? Music is so amazing.

This post is just getting curiouser and curiouser as I go on, which I think I'd better take as my queue to sign off. Happy Valentine's day, and eat lots of chocolate!

4 comments:

  1. music is amazing! i know ya'll probably get sick of me talking about music all the time, but i cant help it, i just love it so much! anyways, happy Valentine's day, see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to listen :) Music is an amazing thing! Can't wait to hear you on Sunday!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, Abs-- chocolate every day. Forget the hearts, just give me the chocolate.
    And music. Chocolate and music. What else could you possibly need?

    ReplyDelete