Yesterday was pretty spontaneously jam-packed. Mass times were moved half an hour earlier, so I had to get up at an indecent hour in order to get to choir on time. Funny thing, though. During Mass I noticed that my voice felt a little scratchy. Is it a bad thing that the first thing I thought was, "Yeah! Now I can get out of talking in Religion class tomorrow!" and promptly began belting out the hymns at the top of my voice. It didn't go exactly according to plan. I'm talking now AND have a sore throat. What goes around, comes around...
After Mass we went to watch some friends' basketball game, and then--surprise surprise!--invited everyone over to my house afterward! It was super fun. I taught almost everyone how to play canasta (a really cool rummy-like card game), beat some people at fooseball (okay. And got beat), and failed miserably at pool. Actually, that was a little annoying, but since all of you read Josie's blog you will already know about that whole episode.
After The Episode we girls (Merc, Josie, and I) retreated inside to play cards and when the boys invaded to play too Josie challenged me to a haiku contest. It was glorious. Haikus are so wonderful. It's like poetry, but without the committal. And, because you're SO interested in all of this I'll show you the fruits of our labor.
Round One: Fandom
Josie:
An army doctor,
Craning his head to the clouds.
A final goodbye.
Abby:
Trench coat and Converse
The man of many faces
Lands his TARDIS here.
Round Two: Fandom
Josie:
A scheming spider
Smiling into a teacup:
"I owe you a fall."
Abby:
Screaming as we watch
Sherlock fall; John cry; Smith leave
We are the fangirls.
Round Three: Fandom (notice a pattern?)
Josie:
Smiling and timid,
Deserves more than a simple
"Black, two sugars please."
Abby:
We're not exclusive
BBC amuses us
Moffat for the win.
Round Four: Random
Josie:
We talk for hours,
Way too much time on our hands,
What about "real life?"
Abby:
We're five, Seven, Five
We hardly ever make sense
Then end suddenly.
Round Five: Excitement
Josie:
Close enough to taste.
Only one more week away,
Just THREE episodes.
Abby:
Squeals squeak from lips
Bubbly butterflies inside
Beaming face tells all.
Round Six: Avengers
Josie:
Battle for New York
This is the day of heros
Victory for the Earth!
Abby:
Some men have powers
They meet in times of trial
Save the day again.
Some of my personal favorites are Josie's round 2 and my round 4, if I do say so myself :) That one was especially fun to write.
Other news:
Another week till Sherlock.
A week into school I'm starting to repent of my post about liking school.
The seminar got moved to Saturday so I have a whole week to finish the Virginian.
Going to a dance on Sunday.
That is all. Till next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment