Monday, January 6, 2014

*Insert Something Clever About School and Break and Stuff*

My short lived three weeks of freedom have elapsed, and I am officially doing school again. I thought I'd hate it, but honestly, I was starting to miss it. I'm such a people person that if I don't have a legitimate occupation I need to be with friends. School is said occupation. By the end of every break I begin to worry if everyone's tired of me begging them to come out of their lives to go shopping or play soccer or watch a movie. School's probably a nice break for my friends :)

It was quite an amazing break, though, while it lasted. For Christmas I got soccer goals and since then we've played three times. I've been shopping way more than is good for me, and would say the same about frequenting the local coffee shop, except that it's been closed for Christmas vacation. There've been lots of spontaneous parties and trips to the movie theater, usually resulting in an after party at my house. Tons of foosball and pool and staying up way too late for anyone's good. It's been so great, but I was starting to run out of ideas. It'll be nice to have the regularity of school for a while.

Ah, school school school. I really don't know what to do with you.

Speaking of school, talking to frenemies acquaintances can be majorly demanding, especially when they're adults. Call me an anti-social homeschooler, but that's the thing I dread most about the holidays. "What grade are you in?" "What college are you going to?" "What are you doing when you grow up?" They ask them every time. Literally. It really wouldn't be so bad, except that I'm having a really hard time deciding that myself. I'm not academically inclined at all. Nothing like that really holds my interest. But nothing that actually interests me would be something I can make a living out of. Swim team and soccer are fun, but I'm not good enough to even get a scholarship, let alone use them as a career. I like baking, but there's the same problem. I love organizing things, but that really isn't specific enough. Whenever those questions come up I basically flounder around for a few minutes trying to defend my decision to go to Catholic (synonymous with "closed minded" doncha know) college and that I'll wait and see where to go from there.

Uhg. The trials of an undecided homeschooler.

These posts have been getting randomer and randomer. I think what I'll start doing is just posting a lot of really little posts instead of covering so much ground. And I suppose this doesn't affect you at all. Oh well. Sorry for wasting ten seconds of your time.

Happy school!!

2 comments:

  1. Nooo! I know that at least I didn't need a break.* x-mas vc was awesome! Maybe its because I'm crazy too, but I didn't get tired of the calls; I looked forward to them! Here's to an awesome 2nd semester.

    Oh, and I was going to comment on your last post, but then I decided I'd bring it up in like actually really real conversation, but I'm a scatterbrain so I forgot to. Anyway. It was good to hear/read/whatever you want to call it. As probably everyone who I came into contact knows, I used to be very unopposed to swearing. That all changed a little over a year ago when I bet my mom that is wasn't sin and I asked a priest about it. I lost the bet. So, I had to get rid of swearing. Its easier said than done, especially when you are really in the habit. thankfully, I'm pretty much over it now, but there are instances (mostly in sports, or when either fingers or toes are somehow smashed) when they just kind of 'pop' out. Its incredibly annoying. So. Pretty much, I get where you're coming from, and sorry if you've heard any of my poppings out. Phew! That got really long. If actually got to the bottom of this, you are a much more dedicated blogger-maintainer-person than I am.
    *If anyone needs a beak, I think its you're parents. If there' such a thing as being too generous, its them. And I haven't forgotten about doing something foe them....its going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear hear! I'm glad that you had fun! My parents are something, aren't they? It can be very convenient *Mercy-creey-evil-fingers*

      And that's great that you've come around to the light about :) I honestly didn't mean to point fingers (but that would be a pretty effective way of doing it!). I just realized how mixed my feelings were on it, and thought it was funny. But seriously, that's really cool about how you stopped. I know how hard habits are to get rid of. More power to you!

      Delete