Tuesday, January 21, 2014

SHERLOCK

It's here. It's finally here. The episode we've all been waiting for. After two years The Empty Hearse has arrived, bringing with it unfathomable mixed feelings. I seriously don't know what to think about this. I've been waiting for so long that, I must admit, it was disappointing. Not the way I would have done it.

*MAJOR SPOILERS*

So, first off, can I say that I love John? He's just so believable. He really brings the show down to earth and humanizes it. Doesn't need a wink and a smile and a wink to do it either.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure that I officially hate Sherlock. Like, seriously. There were about three to many practical jokes made at poor Dr. Watson's expense.

Now, about Sherlock's fall: I really can't decide. I'm sure that I would have been disappointed any way that they did it, but that doesn't justify leaving us in the lurch. Personally, I would have been content with Anderson's theory. It worked; it was classy. Anything is better than a bouncy house.

Mary. Yes. I love her. I was sad to see Sarah go, way back in the first season, but Mary beats her hands down. She's perfect for John, and will contribute a lot to the show.

The effects in this episode left something to be desired. Namely, nothing. I kept being shocked into reality whenever Sherlock went into his Mind Palace. It was just too much.

I really did love how all the characters reacted. Mrs. Hudson was priceless, Lastrade was sweet, and John should have socked him in the jaw sooner. But despite this, it worked our pretty perfectly.

Oh! There's another thing I loved! I've seen two out of the three theories on the internet. The writers must have had a lot of fun trolling their fandom's Pinterest and fanfic sites for that!!

Even still, the show must have been partially successful because I cried twice. It would have been more, if it wasn't for that funny scene change from the train car to the joke on Anderson. The thing is that I never (like, ever) cry for Sherlock's sake. I just really really sympathize with John, and the only times I've ever wanted to cry for Sherlock it turns out he's just fooling everyone and I now look like an idiot. Even in Rachenbach I only started bawling my eyes out when John was visiting at his grave. 

"Don't be dead"

Oh gosh.

*END NOT SO MAJOR SPOILERS*

Here I am, at the end of this ranting/praising post, and I still don't know my overall opinion. Maybe I'll just wait till the other two come out. That'll give me two years to construct my decision before Season 4. This is sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment