Saturday, February 1, 2014

All Things in Moderation

I learned that lesson the hard way this afternoon. This morning I met with a friend at our local coffee shop to talk about a play we'll be directing, and I ordered a cup of tea. I had forgotten at the time that "a cup of tea" at that place actually equals a cute little pot the size of about five cups. Well, we talked for a long time, giving me enough time to drink the whole darn thing, and for five hours afterward I was vibrating with the caffeine. I kid you not. Five hours. But maybe I didn't learn my lesson, because I went back to that dreaded place again later with other friends. Why don't things ever get through my skull?

I started writing a post earlier today, but that was back when I was on the caffeine high and couldn't think to save my life, so I think I'll just scrap the whole thing and pretend like it never happened. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

That news wasn't the only thing I came on here to tell you, but I just zoned out and I honestly can't remember what the other thing was. So I'll just improvise here...

The following is in list format because a) I like lists. Lists are cool. and b) I probably can't be trusted to construct comprehensible sentences at this beastly hour.

List of  Words That Are Fun to Say:

  • Occupation
  • Serenity
  • Gnarly
  • Ubiquitous
  • Brilliant
  • Beyond
  • Catapult
  • Beastly
  • Rubbish
  • Foundation
  • Bacon
  • Pretentious
  • Recidivist
  • Stymie
  • Vexillologist


List of Words That Never Should Have Been Invented:

  • Microscope
  • Cinnamon
  • Raxacoricofallapatorius
  • Antidisestablishmentarianism
  • Hungry

But I digress. Have a wonderful night, and totally disregard anything that was said in this post.

2 comments:

  1. wow, i just looked up those words and you are right, never should have been invented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? Raxacoricofallapatorius? Try saying THAT 10 times fast.

      Delete